ResidualVM logo Forum Index - ResidualVM website - Contact us - Rules Login    Register     Search curved edge
It is currently Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Widescreen mod
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:29 pm 
ResidualVM Developer

The side textures only show up in fullscreen mode, but commenting out these two lines (https://github.com/Botje/residualvm/blo ... #L198-L199) will start a fullscreen-sized windows without actually triggering fullscreen.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:27 am 

An update:

- I'm not dead, although 2 weeks ago I got stress induced allergy to pollen
- Finally got the mod to work, my mistake of already having an several existing residual apps installed besides the mod
- Noticed that add-ons don't stretch perfectly, they start ok at the top but they stretch vertically more than they should so they go off-screen at the bottom. If scaling is proportional I will try changing the add-ons size. But can someone confirm if scaling is proportional?
- Will finish those half-finished 8 backgrounds in the next 7 days. That's a promise. Then we'll have 100% complete first puzzle in widescreen.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:30 am 
ResidualVM Developer

For those of you not following development closely:
The widescreen mod has been merged into ResidualVM masters, so you can just test widescreen support with nightly builds now.
There was talk of backporting this code to a new minor release, but no decision has been made.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:45 pm 

Botje wrote:
For those of you not following development closely:
The widescreen mod has been merged into ResidualVM masters, so you can just test widescreen support with nightly builds now.
There was talk of backporting this code to a new minor release, but no decision has been made.

Hello,
Wich argument I've to use at launch to enable the widescreen support ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:07 pm 

Wow, 5 yrs later and I still have the whole El Marrow sitting on 70% completion. The whole thing kinda stopped when DF released the remaster. I am gonna finish those backgrounds by the end of february and upload them so at least Year 1 is partialy Widescreen.

As for your question, visit
http://www.grimwidescreen.com
Download the zip file and place it in the game folder so the Residual will pick up the additional data.

But its been 5 yrs and i forgot how to apply it, it should be something simple by just renaming it "gamedata0000.dat" or something. Scroll a few posts earlier in this topic and you will find it.

Good thing the branch with this support is merged in master and I paid the hosting every year for the last 5 yrs :) But shame on me for not finishing those, will finish at least 20 scenes in feb and upload them to the website.

Keep in touch, glad this topic is still alivr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:32 pm 

Truly I've try many stuff, but I never been able to use it (do I need an older version of scummvm ?)
If you can point me wich message who is the good way to use it, it could be very kind to you.

Iv try to change to software renderer, opengl, full screen, enable/disable user patch, check uncheck aspect ratio, put the zip in estra path, uncompress the zip in extra path location, in game location too, try to build side screen branch too. Seriously that's not a lazy attitude.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:43 pm 

ultraneonoirantihero wrote:
Wow, 5 yrs later and I still have the whole El Marrow sitting on 70% completion. The whole thing kinda stopped when DF released the remaster. I am gonna finish those backgrounds by the end of february and upload them so at least Year 1 is partialy Widescreen.

As for your question, visit
http://www.grimwidescreen.com
Download the zip file and place it in the game folder so the Residual will pick up the additional data.

But its been 5 yrs and i forgot how to apply it, it should be something simple by just renaming it "gamedata0000.dat" or something. Scroll a few posts earlier in this topic and you will find it.

Good thing the branch with this support is merged in master and I paid the hosting every year for the last 5 yrs :) But shame on me for not finishing those, will finish at least 20 scenes in feb and upload them to the website.

Keep in touch, glad this topic is still alivr

Wow I didn't expect anyone to still be working on this after all this time! :shock:

After the release of Grim Remastered somehow this forum died all of a sudden after having had so much activity, it was kinda sad to see.

It would be really awesome to see this widescreen mod finished at some point. Especially combined with something like AI upscaling so we can get a taste of what true re-renders of the original backgrounds would have looked like.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7