I have successfully run Monkey Island 4 on ResidualVM and play the game for awhile, but when I enter the town in Jambalaya Island, the game crash.
Here is the details:
I follow the instruction from this page: https://wiki.residualvm.org/index.php?title=Datafiles
The following files must come from either a patched installation, or copied from the CD with one of the patches copied to that directory.
Note: voiceAll.m4b is repeated on both CDs. You must use the copy from the first CD as it contains all of the required voice data.
Note: Textures/FullMonkeyMap.imt on CD1 must be renamed to "FullMonkeyMap1.imt", and the FullMonkeyMap.impt from CD2 must be renamed to "FullMonkeyMap2.imt". Both files should remain in the Textures directory.
So this is exactly what I did:
1. I copy MonkeyData from CD2 first, then I rename the file FullMonkeyMap.imt to FullMonkeyMap2.imt.
2. I copy MonkeyData from CD1 overwrite existing duplicate files of CD2 (there are more than one duplicate files, but the instruction said use the copy from the first CD so I think the first CD should be more complete). Then I rename the file FullMonkeyMap.imt (of CD1) to FullMonkeyMap1.imt
3. I copy the local.m4b of CD1.
4. I copy the patch of Monkey Island from ResidualVM website.
5. I download the Daily Builds > unstable
Windows Installer (build from repository, 3827K Win32 exe file, last update: September 10, 2019, 12:43 am), then I install it on a virtual PC, then copy the installed file to my real PC and use it as portable.
here is the list of files of my Monkey Island 4 final setup:
I play for awhile, then I run into the town in Jambalaya Island, the game crash.
Here is the log file: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\ResidualVM\Logs
Is it a bug or I setup MI4 wrong?