Welcome to ResidualVM forums. In order to make your stay as pleasant and constructive as possible please take your time to read through this document, it will help you navigate the pitfalls and traps this community has created for new members ;) These rules can be changed without notice though normally we announce changes via announcements in all the forums.
0) No Warez. No Abandonware discussions.
Links to content of a questionable nature, asking for, offering, or asking for help/helping to process such content in any way or form is not tolerated. No, it's not okay to request parts of a game either, even if you already own another version of it, or to replace damaged media.
1) Read up before asking! There are ResidualVM FAQ
. You should also learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
1a) Use the search
function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
2) Respect the netiquette: Lurk and get to know the forum before you post.
3) Keep the focus: Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved, locked or simply be deleted.
4) Be nice to each other and respect the moderator. Profanity and insults will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with another member turn to the respective moderator.
5) Do not spam. No blatant advertising.
6) Keep the size of personal images down.
7) No cross posting. Post your message once, to the appropriate forum and nowhere else or it will be locked or deleted without warning.
8) Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention.
9) Do not send questions pertaining to topics of discussion on this board via personal messages or email to Moderators or Admins, they will be ignored.
10) Don't post just to increase your number of posts. If you have nothing to say on a certain matter then don't post. The number of posts on this board has no direct relation to the experience of a member.
11) How NOT to post on this forum:
5 minutes after your initial post you reply to your own post writing something like "Why is nobody helping me? I'm sure you know the answer". Once somebody replies to your thread but doesn't give you exactly the answer you've been expecting you insult them.
Do not ask "what's best" because this question cannot be answered objectively. Each and everyone has their own view about what's best in a certain area. The best is what works best for you!
12) The official language is English.
13) Multiple registrations are prohibited and are grounds for immediate account deletion.
14) Political discussion not directly related to ResidualVM are prohibited, as is any discussion on religion and religious matters.
15) Instructions by the moderator team are to be followed.
If you don't comply with these rules you'll have to face a set of sanctions.These rules are based on Doom9 forum rules