ResidualVM logo Forum Index - ResidualVM website - Contact us - Rules Login    Register     Search curved edge
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:53 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:33 pm 

Hello everyone ! Thank you for the awesome work you're doing, I was desperately looking for a way to play Exile on my Win7 PC, and thanks to you I can!

However, I encountered a bug regarding object animations. When I'm running RVM 0.2.1, most object animations are strangely sped up. For instance, a spider spinner full rotation takes 4-5 seconds. Full-screen animations (cutscenes), like the book cages or the tusk doors opening in J'nanin, seem to be unaffected.

A similar problem had been posted on the GitHub (https://github.com/residualvm/residualvm/issues/1246), but I have no idea what to make of the suggested fixes (I have zero compiling skills).

I also tried running Myst III through a RVM 0.3.0 daily build, but I can't get the game to launch. Apparently the launcher incorrectly identifies my M3.exe as an unpatched version. I'm running the French 1.22 M3.exe file provided by the wiki page, so I don't know if it could be version-related?...

Thanks anyway, have a nice day :D

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:35 pm 

Hi,

The speed issues indeed have been fixed in the development version. Using a daily build should work.

If ResidualVM 0.3.0-git complains that your version is unpatched, it means that you are missing the "OVER101.m3o" file. For the most versions this file should be copied from the CDs / DVD. For the original US version, this file comes with the English version's patch.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:08 pm 

Hi bgK, thank you for your answer. I had OVER101.m3o, but I suppose my RVM could not detect it unless it was located in the same folder as the executable (I also had the same problem as reported here, so I guess same causes, same effects). Anyway. Copying the m3o file to the /bin folder solved it. Thank you for the help!