ResidualVM logo Forum Index - ResidualVM website - Contact us - Rules Login    Register     Search curved edge
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:11 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Myst 3 M3.exe encrypted
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:59 am 

I've been trying to get myst 3 to work on windows 10 and this seems to be the closest I've come. I think i have all the files in the right place and it seems to have everything but when I go to play it it say that the M3.exe is encrypted. Now I've tried the English patch but Im not sure if its working or if its what I need or if im doing it correctly. Does anyone have an un-encrypted M3.exe file or where i can download one? I was able to find them for every language except English.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:47 am 

You need the English patch. From http://demos.residualvm.org/patches/myst3v122patch.exe. You have to install it to be able to get M3.exe out of the setup program.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:05 am 

bgK wrote:
You need the English patch. From http://demos.residualvm.org/patches/myst3v122patch.exe. You have to install it to be able to get M3.exe out of the setup program.

does it replace the M3.exe thats in the bin file? if so my computer keeps thinking its a virus and removing it, only when I try to copy it to the folder.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:03 am 

The patched M3.exe is known to be wrongly recognized as a virus by some antivirus software. It is safe to exclude it from the files your antivirus scans.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:12 am 

bgK wrote:
The patched M3.exe is known to be wrongly recognized as a virus by some antivirus software. It is safe to exclude it from the files your antivirus scans.

and how do I do that? it moves the file to quarantine and when I tell it to restore it it just moves it back a few seconds later.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:23 am 

Okay I was messing with the setting and tried it running the capability trouble shooter again and it worked all of a sudden the windows XP service pack, think maybe using the patch and a reboot might have fixed it for me. thanks to those who tried to help, i'm an idiot so I have no idea how to do any of this stuff so its nice to know people will take the time to offer some advise. I'll be back if things stop working.