ResidualVM logo Forum Index - ResidualVM website - Contact us - Rules Login    Register     Search curved edge
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:12 pm 

Hi. I downloaded that link. It said downloaded but went to the playstore and asked me to install. I hit install and all it says is, X file not installed. Any ideas? It appears i cant apply the update

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:41 pm 
ResidualVM Developer

You need to actually install the .apk, not just download it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:19 pm 

Yes but it wont let me install it. When i click install. It just comes back with a message saying not installed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:17 am 
ResidualVM Developer

That is not enough information to debug your issue remotely. Check the logcat output and/or try installing the .apk from a PC using adb.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:49 am 

Hello everybody,

I'm currently doing a whole Monkey Island completion. I've finished the first three games and I wanted to play the fourth. Being on windows 10, the game crashed all the time and wasn't playable at all. I then discovered ResidualVM existed.
The thing is, the game isn't found by the VM, even if I've copied the files from the CDs as instructed.

I understood by reading the current thread that I need a daily build and not the stable version if I want to play MI4. The problem is the daily build download link for windows is dead on the website.

Does anyone have the installer for a (recent if possible) daily build of the windows version of ResidualVM ?

Thanks for reading,

Prim's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:46 pm 

Hi Prim's,

It seems that either the buildbot has failed, the win32 build option is disabled, or there's a permission issue with the file at the moment, so...
You can try building ResidualVM for yourself, for which there are some instructions on the webpage, though they are not for the faint of heart :)

Otherwise, I've found a cached version of the file from September the 27th here:
[ Removed Link - otherwise left message untouched for posterity ]

EDIT: Disregard the previous link, daily build seems to be working now.

I'm not sure what the development status was at that specific moment, though judging by the code commits I cannot see any significant changes pertaining to the Grim or EDI engine, so the current daily version regarding EFMI would most likely be very similar as it was then.

Just make sure to follow exactly the necessary file structure as described here:
https://github.com/residualvm/residualv ... key-island

EDIT: Bear in mind that daily build savegames are sometimes/usually not backwards compatible

Last edited by Nitrus on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:22 pm 

Hi,

Indeed the link is up again. And the game works just fine.
I prospect much pleasure in the times coming ;)

Thank You

Prim's