ResidualVM logo Forum Index - ResidualVM website - Contact us - Rules Login    Register     Search curved edge
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:27 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:10 pm 

I downloaded and installed the latest ResidualVM release today, and copied all the GF *.LAB and the GRIM.TAB files to a folder on my desktop, and I added the game to the ResVM program as described on this site. The game launches in a small window and goes through the opening scene just fine, but that's all she wrote. Once it is time to take control of the character (Manny?), nothing happens. He just stands there smoking. I have what appears to be my regular cursor, but moving it around the screen (looking for things to interact with) accomplishes nothing.....no hot spots, no moving Manny, no nothing.

I can get to full screen by pressing Alt-Enter, but then I lose the cursor altogether.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on an Intel Core2 Quad CPU @2.66 GHz with 6 GB RAM, and an NVIDEA GeForce 9800GT with the latest drivers.

Any suggestions? I'm not sure this qualifies as a bug so much as some setting I need to tweak....

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:24 pm 

Nevermind....I'm a putz! I pulled out the original manual and what do you know....the game doesn't USE the mouse! I played it so long ago I had forgotten! Feel free to delete this post, or leave it there for the next person who's losing their memory!