ResidualVM logo Forum Index - ResidualVM website - Contact us - Rules Login    Register     Search curved edge
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:04 pm 

I have been playing with the different language files on the 10th Anniversary DVD.

A few curious questions strike me:

A: In game speech and menus work great if I copy the M3.exe and langauge.m3u (lets say german.m3u) over. However, in game graphics like the first letter you pick up are still in English. Is that how the original game behaved as well, or is this just something that hasn't been addressed in residualVM yet?

B: What do the various m3.exe files accomplish beyond providing the hash check that tells ResidualVM what language you are using? Using the english m3.exe I can easily select any other language or text, however I've noticed the menu's never seem to actually change to the proper language like when I start the game using a specific m3.exe file. So even if I set everything to german text, german subititles, and german audio - the menu remains english. To get that in german I have to actually overwrite the m3.exe file from the german language folder.... however I have checked and found the german menu text reisdes in the GERMAN.M3U file, not the German M3.exe ... so this copying shouldn't technically be neccesary.

Just some observations and thoughts. Thanks for reading. I'm interested to seeing what you guys have to say.