ResidualVM logo Forum Index - ResidualVM website - Contact us - Rules Login    Register     Search curved edge
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Frustrated with MI4...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:33 pm 

So much so that I put the PS2 version in (without 1 problem) unlike the Win version. I put in Grim fine, that ran great. The PS2 MI4 is frustrating to play. When I want Guy to kick hot coals or even LOOK at a coal, it won't highlight it. About my problem tryin to put the WIN version in, it'll be easier if I showed you pictures of the warnings & the contents of my MI4 folder, how do I attach pictures on here? It gave me warnings a few files may be corrupt or unreadable, it told me I need that fullmap 1 & 2 in there, which is in there, a few files were doubles, so I left those out when I dragged the files from CD2 in the MI4 folder....like artall.m4b, sfx.m4b, voiceall.m4b, lip.m4b, 1110 jmm & m4b, 1195, 1200, 1215, & 7210 both jmm & m4b files

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:03 am 

I don't believe you can upload images to this forum but you can upload them somewhere like imgur then link them here like this
Code:
[img]image.url[/img]

I also got some warnings but didn't ultimately have any issues running it. Are you sure you have everything? This is what my folder looks like:

Main
Textures
Movies

If it all looks the same, maybe try deleting them then moving the files over again. I'm no expert on ResidualVM but I will help you if I can.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:35 pm 

ty for that "cheat sheet" image of your files, now I'll go back & retry, looking at the image you posted. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:28 pm 

It plays!!! ty for your image...if that was in the instructions on the other page, I'd have gotten it way sooner. But I gotta question, what's the secrets.m4b file? That's no where in the 2 CDs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:53 pm 

Great! I am glad to hear it helped. Admins, feel free to use my images on the instructions page if you'd like (but please re-host them just in case I forget and delete them from Imgur).

I have no idea what secrets.m4b is to be honest. I'll take a look when I get home.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:23 am 

For future reference:

http://wiki.residualvm.org/index.php/Da ... key_Island
https://github.com/residualvm/residualv ... key-island